- Mail: email@example.com
- Largo Alexandre Sá Pinto, 44
- Facebook Jewelry Wax modelling
- Phone:+ 351 962 715 219
- Management: Magda Sá
A very complete course in wax modelling, where you will learn how to identify how to use the best wax modelling techniques, so you can make the most with the tools and materials you already have and the ones we will make in this workshop (or included in it). You will save time, money and resources and get beautiful models.
We will create our own tools, waxes and moulds, saving time, money and on expensive tools that you will no longer need. We will optimise the process and resources before sending the model to casting.
- Making you own tools.
- Modeling in wax – exercise designed to learn the use of the tools in different waxes. Modelling in different heghts (relief), create movement and texture to your creations.
- Preparing for stone setting: learn to make grains and prongs and the technical characteristics needed for a beautiful and successful stone setting for different gem sizes.
- Textures and relief modelling – additive and subtractive technique, creating tools according to the needs of the exercise, perfect finishing and considerations for reproduction of the model. At this point we will also made moulds with no need for further fancy and expensive equipment. Trouble-shooting of the model to prevent casting issues.
- Additional resources: how to recycle wax, how to make your own formats and pre-forms (tubes, sheets, etc), types of silicones. Tools for measuring, cutting blocks sand and mark geometrically.
We will show different exercises, but you are welcome to ask for more details.
Dates: 14-18 September 2020
TIme: 9:30-13:00 and 14:30 to 19:00
Price: 450 euros Included: tools (some made in class), wax carver, wax, moulding silicone.
Not included: additional wax and silicone.